We arrived in Michigan on my birthday…So I thought it would be a fitting post to share a bit about myself…
- 1. Being a mother is by far the best thing I have done yet!
2. I loved everything about my wedding it was truly my perfect day
3. I love that my husband can always make me smile …I LOVE my husband!
4. The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand are my favorite books and two of the few books I have read more than 2 times.
5. I have seen the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice at least 20 times… read the book at least 3… in my opinion there is no Mr. Darcy that compares Colin Firth!
6. I have been to 17 countries and still have not travelled nearly enough
7. I miss the success I felt as a teacher but do not miss teaching
8. I appreciate the opportunity to stay at home with Ava more than any gift I have ever received
9. My husband picked me up at a bar… and the rest is history…;-)
10. I am obsessive list maker and organizer. I will clean closets, drawers and cupboards far more than the bathroom!
11. I have jumped out of a plane but find scuba diving far more exhilarating
12. The talent I wish I possessed would be a beautiful singing voice, unfortunately appreciation is my only musical gift
13. My freshmen year in college I had 3 roommates, 2 of them had my same middle name and same birthday… WEIRD!
14. I am now living in the 19th home I have had in 32 years… that is a lot of moving!
15. I wish I lived closer to people I love
16. One day I hope to write a children’s book… and have it published
17. I have three furry babies; My cats Simon and Milton and my beautiful Lola! I cannot imagine a life without pets
18. When I eat I always have to take turns having a bite of everything on my plate and I spend the meal deciding what I want my last bite to be
19. When we go out to eat I always like 3 choices to pick from otherwise I am totally overwhelmed
20. I have not worn a watch in over 6 years
21. I miss having the excuse of teaching to buy school supplies… I LOVE school supplies; new crayola crayons, all the colors of sharpies (thin and thick), post-it notes… oooh the list goes on
22. I love photography… it would be a great way to earn a living! I love to draw also but would never want it to be a career to much artistic pressure
23. There is nothing like sharing a bottle of champagne with a good friend…no special occasion necessary (right Mariah!)
24. My favorite dessert is a batch of warm chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of cold milk…YUM!
25. Right now I am listening to a CD that has selections from my three favorite composers; Debussy, Ravel and Stravinsky