6 months… a half of year… where does the time go?
Happy half birthday to my incredible girl!
1. All Smiles: Ella is all smiles and giggles most of the time. Such a happy baby! We are now however, entering the cause and effect stage and experimenting with the power of our tears. Mama is walking away = tears, mama is coming back = smiles, IT WORKED! We also had a brief biting while nursing stage…. OUCH! My darling little girl found the ouch and reaction immensely funny! Like giggle out loud funny! It took extreme will power on my part to not react to the shocking and sudden pain for that phase to happily end!
2. Night, Night: Aw the schedule every new mother struggles with… Ella is an excellent napper but we are still working on the kinks of night time sleep. Mostly I am lazy when she cries I just want to feed her and return to what little sleep I am getting. Ultimately I am not complaining she is up to 4+ hours at a time I am just ready to move on to once a night!!!
3. Cutest EVER: No bottle, no thumb sucking, no paci but Ella has found her own unique method of self soothing. I will nurse her, swaddle her and give her a cozy blanket. She immediately puts the blanket to her cheek and her ring finger knuckle in her mouth and minutes later she is peacefully asleep. I am pretty sure there has never been a cuter baby, EVER! (Well maybe a tie with another little girl!)
4. Cat Fever: Ella is already fascinated with the pets, but especially the cats. She wiggles, kicks, talks and reaches for them whenever they are near… just like her sister! Watch out guys she is just months away from the game of chase!
5. Only a Minute: Ella is not quite sitting up by herself… very close but not quite! We have though officially reached the only a minute and we are off the blanket stage. Rolling, rolling, rolling…
6. YUM: Ella loves her mum mums, puffs and rice cereal. I am working on introducing other solids but not as consistently as I would like… I am thinking Ella may not be quite as picky of an eater as her sister. The first time I gave her real food you should have seen the smile!!!!